PHIL Munday is a famed Holden collector, not least for the incredible FX Holden he and Peter Brock took to the Goodwood Revival. Tomorrow at 1pm, a goodly slice of Phil’s collection (and possibly some extras) go over the Burns & Co auction block. You can see the full listing here and check our faves right here:
1. This FX Holden wagon was created by Munday’s KARS Australia as a replica of the originals created by Melbourne coachbuilders S. H. Cordell. You can read up about it here.
2. This HSV F20 VL is said to have been John Crennan’s personal company car and the only turbo five-speed built. Only four F20s are thought to have been made, with a mix of Walkinshaw and SV88 body kit parts.
3. This auto CV8-Z has only 395km on the clock! At the time of writing, the pre-bidding had already eclipsed $97,000.
4. Dig this 308 and four-speed equipped HQ Sandman. The HQ was less ostentatious than the later versions, the current bid is at $40,000.
5. If your budget doesn’t stretch quite as far as the above, this WB Caprice might be tempting. It is currently sitting at just $12,500, but you can bet it will go higher.
6. Lastly, we love this unibody 1962 Ford F100, built as a period-perfect 60s mild custom, complete with an Econoline front end treatment. The truck was built at Western Smash Repair and debuted at MotorEx in 2014. It later scored the incredible Mat Egan panel paint job. Underneath is Mustang II front suspension, four link rear, airbags all-round and 351 power.